$1.00 Help geniusy_2006......!
Large Tires on Vehicles Manufacturers are installing fewer small rims in favor of larger rims. One advantage of bigger rims is that they are better for braking. The following table lists the increase in 16-inch rim sales as a percentage of new vehicle sales for selected years from 1996 to 2002.
Sales of 16-Inch Rims Year 1996 1998 2000 2002
Percentage 28 36 43 51
1. Plot the data in a scatterplot.
2. Calculate the slope between consecutive points in the table. Interpret each slope.
3. Find the equation of a line that models the data. (Hint: You may want to use the point–slope form, y 2 y1 5 msx 2 x1d.)
4. Does your line model the data exactly? Could a line model these data exactly? Explain.
5. Use your equation to write a function P that models these data.
6. Evaluate P(1999) and interpret your result.