Leader-member Exchange Model
You have been invited by the human resources manager of a medium-sized company to prepare a "report" on "In Groups and Out Groups." The report will be distributed to departmental VPs and directors.
In the report you should:
1. Introduce the concepts of In and Out groups.
2. Describe a situation where you (or someone you know) were a member of the "In group" and another situation where you (or someone you know) were a member of the "Out group." This should be an example from your own business experience.
3. Analyze and explain the major differences between the two situations
4. Explain how having an in-group and an out-group affected the groups and the organization
5. To what extent was membership in either the in-group or the out-group based on task related performance factors? What non-task related factors entered into the decision?
6. Describe the implications for leadership and a leader's relationship with followers
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on May. 26, 2011 at 09:13:25AM
In group Out group.docx (16K) (Preview)