$15.00 Managing Storage with Automatic Storage Management
1. What mode must an ASM instance be in before an RDBMS instance can access
ASM files? (Choose the best answer.)
D. Either MOUNT or OPEN
2. What file types and directories can be stored with ASM? (Choose all that apply.)
A. Alert log
D. Online redo log files
E. Oracle home directory
3. Which of the following recovery files can be stored with ASM? (Choose all
A. Archive redo log files
B. RMAN backup sets
C. RMAN image copies
D. User-managed backups
E. The flash recovery area
4. Which of the following parameters is required for an ASM instance? (Choose
the best answer.)
5. How should you migrate your online redo logs to ASM storage? (Choose the
A. Copy the files to an ASM disk group, and use RENAME to update the
B. Use RMAN to transfer them to an ASM disk group, and SWITCH to update
C. Create new members in an ASM disk group, and drop the old members.
D. Online logs cannot use ASM storage.
6. If you abort an ASM instance, what will be the effect on RDBMS instances that
make use of disk groups managed by the aborted instance? (Choose the best
A. ASM is a single point of failure, and therefore the RDBMS instances will
B. The RDBMS instances will remain open, but any ASM datafiles will be
C. RDBMS instances that have already opened ASM files will not be affected,
but no new RDBMS instances will be able to open.
D. The RDBMS instances will hang until the ASM instance is restarted.
7. What are the default characteristics of ASM files? (Choose the best answer.)
A. The files will be striped for performance but not mirrored for safety.
B. The files will be mirrored for safety but not striped for performance.
C. The files will be both striped and mirrored.
D. The files will be neither striped nor mirrored.
8. What happens when you open an ASM instance? (Choose the best answer.)
A. The ASM disk groups are made available to RDBMS instances.
B. The ASM disks are opened.
C. The ASM files are opened.
D. You cannot open an ASM instance.
9. What statement is correct about ASM and logical volume managers (LVMs)?
(Choose the best answer.)
A. ASM is itself an LVM and cannot work with a third-party LVM.
B. ASM can use LVM volumes, if they are formatted with a file system.
C. You can use ASM for striping, and the LVM for mirroring.
D. You can use ASM for mirroring, and the LVM for striping.
10. What does the RBAL process do? (Choose the best answer.)
A. It rebalances data across the disks in an ASM disk group when a disk
is added or removed.
B. It coordinates rebalancing activity.
C. It opens and closes ASM disks.
D. It depends on whether it is the RBAL process of an ASM instance or of an
11. Which of the following techniques is valid for backing up files on ASM disks?
(Choose all that apply.)
A. If the files are mirrored, split the mirror, back up the split copy, and reinstantiate
B. Put the tablespaces into hot backup mode, and copy the ASM datafiles.
C. Connect to the ASM instance with RMAN, and back up as normal.
D. Connect to the RDBMS instance with RMAN, and back up as normal.
12. How can you connect to an ASM instance? (Choose the best answer.)
A. By using operating system authentication only
B. By using password file authentication only
C. By using data dictionary authentication only
D. None of the above are correct
13. What does ASM stripe? (Choose the best answer.)
A. Files across all disk groups
B. Disks across all disk groups
C. Disk groups across all disks
D. Files across all disks in a group
E. Allocation units across all disks in a group
14. Some operations can only be carried out when connected to an ASM instance,
while others can only be carried out when connected to an RDBMS instance.
Mark each of these operations as being “ASM” or “RDBMS.”
A. Creating ASM datafiles
B. Creating ASM disk groups
C. Backing up ASM datafiles
D. Mounting the ASM instance
15. If an RDBMS instance that is using ASM files crashes, what will the ASM
instance do? (Choose the best answer.)
A. The ASM instance will abort.
B. The ASM instance will recover the files that the RDBMS instance had open,
and remain available for other RDBMS instances.
C. The ASM instance will recover the files that the RDBMS instance had open,
and shut down cleanly.
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:53:14AM
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on Jul. 19, 2011 at 11:51:32AM
answers_part10.txt (1K) (Preview)