$25.00 BUS 308 FINAL PROJECT
To complete this project, use the “Final Project Data Set” found in your eCollege classroom in the Final Project description.
- Calculate the mean yearly value using the average gas prices by month found in the “Final Project Data Set.”
- Using the years as your x-axis and the annual mean as your y-axis, create a scatterplot and a linear regression line.
- Answer the following questions using your scatterplot and linear regression line:
- What is the slope of the linear regression line?
- What is the Y-intercept of the linear regression line?
- What is the equation of the linear regression line in slope-intercept form?
- Based on the linear regression line, what would be an estimated cost of gas in the year 2020?
- What are the residuals of each year?
- Select a current price that you have seen or paid recently for gas. Is that price within the range of the linear regression line or is it an outlier? Is it within the confidence interval of 5% or either end?
Imagine that you are a manager at a delivery service and you are creating a report to project the effects on your company of rising gas prices in the next ten years. Using the preceding statistical analysis as your basis and outside scholarly resources to support your claims, write a 3 to 5 page paper interpreting the results from this perspective. Include the following considerations:
- Introduce the project and its significance to the company.
- Explain the statistical analysis that you completed in Part I. Be sure to explain where the data came from, what analysis was done, and what the results were.
- Give conclusions that you have drawn from the data. Consider the effects of your gas price predictions on the delivery business. Also consider whether or not you believe your predicted gas prices are accurate. What could occur in the future that would change your linear regression line and therefore your prediction?
Writing the Final Project
The Final Project:
- Part I must be provided as an Excel spreadsheet. It must be complete and show all work, not just a final amount or answer
- Part II must be 3 to 5 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph
- Must use at least 3 scholarly resources, including a minimum of 2 from the Ashford Online Library
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
- This tutorial was purchased 83 times and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Jul 23, 2011 at 8:54:20PM
FINAL PT 1.docx (38K) (Preview)
FINAL PT 2.xlsx (24K)
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on Sep. 01, 2012 at 03:38:54AM
w1/BUS 308 Week 1 Quiz.doc
w1/BUS 308 Week 1 Week One Problems.xls
w1/Week 1 DQ1.doc
w1/Week 1 DQ2.doc
w2/BUS 308 Week 2 Quiz.doc
w2/BUS 308 Week 2 Week Two Problems.xlsx
w2/Week 2 DQ1.doc
w2/Week 2 DQ2.doc
w3/BUS 308 Week 3 Quiz.doc
w3/BUS 308 Week 3 Week Three Problems.xlsx
w3/Week 3 DQ1.doc
w3/Week 3 DQ2.doc
w4/BUS 308 Week 4 Quiz.doc
w4/BUS 308 Week 4 Week Four Problems.xlsx
w4/Week 4 DQ1.doc
w4/Week 4 DQ2.doc
w5/BUS 308 Week 5 Final Project Part 1.doc
w5/BUS 308 Week 5 Final Project Part 2.doc
w5/Week 5 DQ1.doc
w5/Week 5 DQ2.doc
- This tutorial was purchased 5 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Jan 10, 2013 at 2:27:04PM
BUS 308 Week 5 Final Part I.xlsx (39K)
BUS 308 Week 5 Final Part II Analysis Paper on gas prices.doc (101K) (Preview)