$10.00 Wireless Networking
1. What is the wireless spectrum?
2. Name and describe the general characteristics of wireless transmission.
3. Name and describle the two types of WLAN layouts. Which is the most commonly used?
4. Name and describe the MAC sublayer characteristics that all Wi-Fi standards have in common.
5. For each 802.11 standard, list what band it uses, what its throughput is, and what its range is. What are the unique characteristics of the standard that hasn't been ratified at the time the textbook was written?
6. Name and describe the characteristics of the Bluetooth standard. Bluetooth isn't practical for networking. What is it used for?
7. In designing a WLAN, what should you do to determine the placement of access points and what do you need to find out when you do this?
8. Name and describe the five pitfalls to avoid when configuring a WLAN.
9. What is the name used for the 802.16 standards? What are the advantages of it over Wi-Fi? why would an organization choose some other option over this technology?
10. Describe how satellite technology works. Include a description of the different types of satellite orbits, the frequencies they use, and the types of access services.
- This tutorial was purchased 4 times and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Aug 25, 2011 at 1:12:53PM