$70.00 BSHS 312 Complete Course Models of Effective HelpingFound in Health-Care: General-Health-Care
Chapter 1, # 0
BSHS 312 Week 2 Individual Assignment Self-Management Behavioral Contract
- Select a goal: something that you would like to change about yourself. Perhaps you would like to stop smoking, or to control drinking, improve study habits, manage time better or change eating or exercise habits. It is critical that your goal be measurable, attainable, positive, and significant to you.
- Describe the goal as target behaviors. What specific behaviors do you want to increase or decrease?
- Choose a means of monitoring your progress, such as a chart or a behavioral diary.
- Write a contract that states all of the above points and specifies both internal and external consequences for actions in a realistic time frame, such as short-term rewards for adhering to the contract and a long-term reward for meeting the goals.
BSHS 312 Week 2 Individual Assignment Annotated Bibliography
- Review the Center for Writing Excellence information on Annotated Bibliographies.
- Conduct a library search for two (2) professional articles on theories of helping. Key terms could be the different theories already discussed in the class as well as those theories in weeks 3, 4, and 5.
- Choose three (3) professional, peer-reviewed articles from the electronic articles from week 1 and week 2 to review.
- Complete the annotated bibliographies for these five articles.
- Submit a 2-3 page (700 to 1000 word) paper that discusses the following questions:
- What is the purpose of an annotated bibliography? (This can be part of your introduction of the paper)
- How do they help in research? (This can be part of your introduction portion of the paper)
- For each article, write an annotated bibliography. Reminder that these should be in your own words and should not be the abstract from the article.
- In your opinion, what are the benefits and draw-backs from using annotated bibliographies? (This could be part of your conclusion).
- APA format and citations must be used. Review grading rubric before turning in the assignment.
BSHS 312 Week 3 Individual Assignment Site Visit Report
- Visit a site such as a women’s shelter, a halfway house, a hospital, an agency, or the human services department of a company, where behavioral or cognitive-behavioral techniques or programs are used.
- Talk with human services workers or the contact person about their programs that employ behavioral or cognitive interventions or models. Some areas to explore:
- How cognitive and behavioral techniques are used.
- What population participates in the program?
- Who presents the program or interventions?
- How is the effectiveness of their interventions measured? If they are not effectively measured, how might they be?
- How did they determine a need for the program?
- Do they have plans for other programs or interventions which use behavioral or cognitive models and techniques?
- What other models and theories are represented in their programs?
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word report on your visit, detailing the information you gathered and briefly describing your reactions and feelings about the program.
BSHS 312 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Assignment Cognitive Behavioral Interventions and Tools Paper
- As a team, discuss different cognitive-behavioral interventions as well as some tools that have been discussed in the text and class. Focus on the interventions and tools that could be used in the human service field.
- Choose an (one) issue you might encounter when working as a human service worker. Submit for approval prior to writing the paper.
- Conduct a library search for a professional article on a cognitive- behavioral intervention and possible tools for this issue.
- As a team, discuss the results of your library explorations of cognitive- behavioral theories and identify appropriate interventions and tools for human services workers.
- Submit a 4-6 page (1400 - 2000 word) paper that analyzes the tools used within behavioral therapy, using the following questions to guide your paper:
- What one human service field situation did your team decide on? Briefly describe the situation chosen (one paragraph).
- Describe the principles behind cognitive and behavioral theories.
- Choose cognitive and behavioral tools that could be used to effectively in treating this presenting concern.
- Who would use the tools and how would they be used?
- When would the tools be used? What is the reasoning behind using these tools?
- Essentially, describe the tools, how they are helpful, the reason for choosing it, and resources used when choosing this tool.
- APA format and professional citations (at least three) must be used. Review grading rubric before turning in the assignment.
- Complete the Learning Team Evaluation and submit it to your Individual Forum.
BSHS 312 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Systems Paper
- As a team, discuss different Systems Theories and their interventions that have been identified in the text and class. Focus on the interventions that could be used in the human service field.
- Choose a (one) theory within the System Theory spectrum (i.e. structural, object relationships, etc.) that is discussed in the text. Submit for approval.
- As a team, discuss outline of paper and divide up the work. Conduct a library search for a professional article on the chosen theory. Discuss the results of your library explorations and how this theory will be applied for human services workers.
- Submit a 4-6 page (1400 - 2000 word) paper that analyzes the intervention and tools used within systems theory, using the following questions to guide your paper:
o Brief history of the development of the model;
o the beliefs on which the model is based;
o the important contributors or practitioners of the model;
o the kinds of problems addressed by the model;
o some techniques or approaches of the model
o the populations on which the techniques are best used
o multicultural issues in using these approaches
- ·APA format and citations (at least three) must be used. Review grading rubric before turning in the assignment.
- ·Complete the Learning Team Evaluation and submit it to your Individual Forum.
BSHS 312 Week 5 Individual Assignment Paper on a Personal Model of Helping
- Write a 2,100- to 2,800-word paper on your personal model of helping. Incorporate learning from this course and discuss how and why you have, at this point in your development, formed your viewpoints. Include:
- A coherent model that is consistent, shows adequate understanding of the material presented, and reflects the ability to integrate and synthesize the course material, yet still includes original thought.
- How and why you formed this viewpoint
- Your view of helping
- The relationship between the clinician and the participant
- Techniques or approaches to change
- The kinds of problems and populations that can be addressed with your model
- Multicultural issues
- Limitations and strengths of the model
BSHS 312 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Paper on a Model or Theory of Helping
- Choose a model or theory of helping which is not addressed in the class and get approval for the topic from the faculty member. Make sure that you have chosen a topic on which adequate research and writing is available to support your presentation.
- Each Learning Team member must be involved and contribute to the development of the paper, which will be in APA format, include at least five citations, and will be between 1500 and 2000 words.
- Include the following information in your paper:
- The history of the development of the theory;
- the beliefs on which it is based;
- the important contributors or practitioners of the theory;
- the theory of helping;
- the relationship between the helper and the client;
- some techniques or approaches developed;
- the kinds of problems addressed;
- the populations on which the techniques are used;
- multicultural issues in using these approaches; and
- research findings on the model or theory.
What do you believe to be the primary purpose of counseling? Why it is important for human services workers, and the professionals they assist, to have a theoretical framework for helping and creating change?
What beliefs, skills, approaches, or techniques of humanistic or existential theories do you believe are most helpful in working with clients? Describe why you agree with the belief or why you feel that the skill would be helpful.
What is the difference between reinforcement and punishment? In your opinion, is either effective? Why or why not?
What experience have you had on the receiving end of behavioral approaches (work, school, military, etc.)? What experience have you had on the disbursing end of behavioral approaches, techniques and tools?
Ellis postulates that emotional and psychological difficulties arise from irrational beliefs (i.e. "being loved and approved by virtually every significant person is our world is necessary for happiness and fulfillment") that result from cognitive distortions (i.e. in this case, all-or-none thinking). Helping clients understand unhealthy cognitions cannot be achieved without being able to understand and challenge these beliefs and errors ourselves. As a result, choose one the irrational beliefs from the reading this week (or create your own) and indicate why it is irrational. In addition, choose a cognitive distortion as discussed in chapter 12 (i.e. generalization) and provide an example from your own life.
To practice cognitive theories, the human service worker would need to be directive and engaged in the therapeutic process. What degree of client involvement do you feel comfortable with? In addition, Ellis (1990) postulates that "we have final dominion over much of the pleasure and pain that come from circumstances beyond our control" (as cited in Parrott, 2003, p. 3). Do you think cognitive theory is simplistic in this way? Why or why not?
What is enmeshment and disengagement and what are the effects? What is the purpose of rules in the family? Choose one of the four roles a family member can play and describe it (i.e. hero, scapegoat, lost child, mascot).
Choose one of the family systems techniques or tools described in the reading this week (i.e. family sculpting, genogram, etc). Describe the technique and how it can be used.
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on Oct. 06, 2011 at 11:42:55AM
BSHS 312 Complete Course Models of Effective Helping.zip (233K)
BSHS 312 Course Syllabus.doc
BSHS 312 Week 1 DQ 1.docx
BSHS 312 Week 1 DQ 2.docx
BSHS 312 Week 2 DQ 1.docx
BSHS 312 Week 2 DQ 2.docx
BSHS 312 Week 2 Individual Assignment Annotated Bibliography.doc
BSHS 312 Week 2 Individual Assignment Self-Management Behavioral Contract.doc
BSHS 312 Week 3 DQ 1.docx
BSHS 312 Week 3 DQ 2.docx
BSHS 312 Week 3 Individual Assignment Site Visit Report.doc
BSHS 312 Week 3 Learning Team Assignment Assignment Cognitive Behavioral Interventions and Tools Paper.docx
BSHS 312 Week 4 DQ 1.docx
BSHS 312 Week 4 DQ 2.docx
BSHS 312 Week 4 Learning Team Assignment Systems Paper.docx
BSHS 312 Week 5 Individual Assignment Paper on a Personal Model of Helping.doc
BSHS 312 Week 5 Learning Team Assignment Paper on a Model or Theory of Helping.docx