$1.00 Principles of Persuasion
Principles of Persuasion
An environmental organization would like to film a pro-recycling
public service announcement and have brought you on as a consultant to help them
better understand the principles of persuasion and how they should be applied in
this PSA. As part of your presentation to the organization you will need to
educate them on the principles of persuasion (using what has been learned
through previous research) that will need to be applied to their PSA.
discuss the following in part 1 of this project:
Suggested additional resources:
- Wood, W. (2000). Attitude change: Persuasion and social influence.
Annual Review of Psychology, 51, 539-570.
- Cialdini, R.B. & Goldstein, N.J. (2004). Social influence: Compliance
and conformity. Annual Review of Psychology, 55, 591-621.
- Schwarz, N. (1998). Warmer and more social: Recent developments in cognitive
social psychology. Annual Review of Sociology, 24, 239-264.
- Cialdini, R.B. (2003). Crafting normative messages to protect the
environment. Current Directions in Psychological Science. 105-109.
you should create a
PowerPoint presentation. In the first 4 to 6 slides of your presentation you
will need to:
- Summarize at least two previous research studies on persuasion.
- How were the principles of persuasion studied?
- Was the research valid? Why or why not?
- What was learned through these studies that can be applied to the creation
of the above PSA?
In your next 6 to 10 slides you will incorporate all you have learned about
the art of persuasion to create your own PSA PowerPoint presentation to present
to this organization that they will use to guide the filming of their video.
In this presentation you will need to:
- Present a creative argument that will persuade the viewers of the need to
recycle, which the video will be based on.
- Use at least two primary principles of persuasion within this presentation.
- In the final slide outline which two or more principles were used and why
they were a good fit for this PSA.
Your total presentation should be a minimum of 10 to 16 slides (not including
your title and reference slides). For your project you will need to be creative
in the use of your graphics and fonts in addition to discussing and applying the
principles of persuasion.
- This tutorial was purchased 7 times and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Nov 04, 2011 at 1:23:20PM
Principles of Persuasion and their Application.pptx (95K)