Health economists use demand theory to discuss how the quantity of services is affected by price.
discuss the following
- As prices increase, should health economists advocate giving something up?
- As the quantity of health services provided goes up, does the benefit of each additional unit of service become smaller?
- Discuss the issue of health care in the context of the following microeconomic concepts:
- Marginal analysis
- Opportunity costs
- Normative versus positive economics
- Should this decision be made in a centrally planned economy or a market economy?
- Is health care a macroeconomic or microeconomic issue?
- How would this affect production efficiency?