$2.00 CRJ 305
Select one of the topics below for your discussion, and then respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings. Your initial posting should be at least 200 – 250 words.
- Discuss the increase in the number of school shootings since the mid 70’s. Is there a single factor that has given rise to this tragic situation? While the most publicized shootings are happening away from the urban inner-city schools normally associated with on-campus violence, is this really the case? In analyzing this point, what do you feel is the predominant factor in these shootings and school violence? From a crime prevention standpoint, how do we increase school safety and help prevent future problems? Having read about CPTED and its use in securing school campuses, is there a set program that will assist schools in achieving this objective?
- Domestic violence is one of the most prevalent issues pertaining to violent crime. Some of the factors that prevent victims from leaving the abusive relationship stem from fears of financial dependence, loneliness, either the suspect or victim or both have observed family violence growing up, and alcohol or drugs are frequently used. Based upon the readings, what are the factors that make domestic violence so difficult to prevent?
Domestic Violence Discussion
- This tutorial was purchased 4 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Feb. 26, 2012 at 07:53:54AM
Preview: ... ong sleeves to cover up the bruises. Another example of covering up the abuse happens when the victim has to go to the hospital because the injuries are so bad that they need medical treatment. The victim will say, "I fell down the stairs" or "I hit my head on a corner of the cupbo ...
The full tutorial is about 250 words long .
- This tutorial was purchased 7 times and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Mar. 02, 2012 at 05:48:10AM
Preview: ... rd then the police officers cannot arrested the offender and help to prevent domestic violence from happening to them again, in which then they could be seriously hurt or even killed. Some people when abused accept the abuse and feel that they deserved it and do nothing about it. In these cases, if the offender was arres ...
The full tutorial is about 292 words long .