$35.00 The Consumer
Each November becomes “open season” in which many employees have an opportunity to decide which type of health care coverage to choose for the upcoming year. Plans are marketed by health insurance companies, HMOs, local hospitals, and professional associations. Many Human Resource (HR) professionals are bombarded with sales and marketing attempts to persuade them to change the benefits packages they offer to employees. Given the number of choices available, it may be tempting to select the package that best meets your needs.
Describe how you would handle this selection process from each of these points of view described below.
Write a 6-7 page paper in which you:
Assume you are the HR Director for a midsized company and must make a decision about the company’s employee benefits package. You have not been in this position before and must maintain the current benefits budget; there may be no increases or changes to the package that will result in additional spending.
1. Describe the selection process you would use to make the most cost-effective and
2. Identify the information you would need to make this decision.
3. Discuss the ramifications of your decision on employees.
As an employee of a midsized company, your HR Director is considering a change in the benefits
package for the upcoming year.
4. Evaluate the factors that influence your selection of a package.
5. Analyze to what extent the cost of the program influences your decision.
6. Explain possible alternatives if you chose not to participate in the benefits package for the upcoming year.
7. Use at least five (5) quality resources.
Your assignment must:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the
professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Describe the marketing research process and market segmentation strategies.
• Describe the concept of relationship marketing and the distinction between satisfaction and loyalty.
• Write clearly and concisely about health care marketing using proper writing mechanics.
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Feb 26, 2012 at 8:37:31PM
The Consumer.doc (53K) (Preview)