$15.00 APOL 104 - Liberty University - Worldview AssignmentFound in Business: Management
Chapter 1, # 0
Detailed Worldview Assignment Instructions
(Note: I will have this same document opened while I read and grade your paper)
This written assignemt is worth 140 points of your total grade (nearly a letter grade and a half). See the Grading Rubric for specific details on the point value of each part of the instructions.
- Answer the following questions in 3 clearly separate parts I, II, III (425–550 words).
- Be sure to answer every question. Part I has one question, Part II has five questions and Part III has two questions. “Every question” means EIGHT total questions. Each question should be answered in a separate paragraph. Your paper should be neatly and clearly arranged in THREE PARTS and EIGHT PARAGRAPHS. You will lose points for unclear structuring of the paper. (You may write an abstract or introduction, and a conclusion if you prefer, but you are not required).
See page three of these instructions for the basic layout (template) of the assignment according to these specifications.
- Meet the minimum required word count as for each part and paragraph. The word count of 425-550 is for the entire assignment, but also pay attention to the fact that every part has its own word count. I do not mind if you write a little OVER the maximum word counts for each section (especially if you are writing well - see Writing Rules 1-3). You will, however be penalized for not meeting the minimal word counts. You will lose 15 points for every 50 words short. If your entire paper is under 250 words you will receive NO credit.
- Restating the questions will not count as part of your word count.
- Direct quotations (from both your assigned study materials and the Scriptures/Bible) should be short and limited. When you write out a quote, it should not take up more than 2-3 lines. If you are writing over the maximum word count, you may have lengthier quotes. This assignment is too short to allow for lengthy quotes, I want to read your thoughts and how you are processing the information. (See Writing Rules 2 for information on citing the Bible)
- Quotations and material used from other sources should be cited using APA only. Details on this formatting style are the subject of Writing Rules 1. Regarding quotations your paper must minimally refer twice to your assigned study materials (See Writing Rules 1). You may refer to your assigned readings more than twice, and also refer to outside sources you find on your own, BUT you MUST refer to your assigned materials at least twice. You cannot make an A on any assignment if you do not do this. You must properly quote and give in-text citations to these references (See Writing Rules 1).
- Check your work for spelling and grammatical errors. Details on this matter are the subject of Writing Rules 3.
- Be sure to DO YOUR OWN WORK, DO NOT PLAGIARIZE. Details on this important subject is the focus of Writing Rules 1, if you have not read them yet, do so NOW.
IMPORTANT: With regard to instructions
- I. Part One: Answer the question, What is a worldview? Define what the term “worldview” means. Use descriptive phrases to support your definition. (25-50 words). Here you are simply giving a workable definition of “worldview.” “Descriptive phrases” are given in the video (like “lens” and “framework” etc.) If you cite the video, which is fine, be sure you do so correctly according to APA. Cite any sources you use (assigned readings, outside sources) properly according to APA. (See Writing Rules 1)
- II. Part Two: Articulate the biblical/Christian Worldview (what is believed) for each of the following 5 questions/categories: Origin, Identity, Meaning, Morality, Destiny. Give at least 2 relevant scripture references for each of the five questions (do not write out the verses) to support why it is believed. (300-350 words). But you also must support every theological claim with Scripture (See Writing Rules 2). (For those of you less familiar with biblical content, see the Supplement “Biblical Resources for Articulating WV” for relevant verses within each category).
This section is the heart of the assignment; explaining what is believed in a biblical worldview and why. All I am looking for is how well you have grasped the basic content of a biblical worldview. DO NOT describe any other worldview at this point. (You will do this with great detail in the Critcal thinking Assignemnt of Week 6).
IMPORTANT: You must arrange Part Two into five clearly distinguished paragraphs, one for each worldview question category. Detailed discussion of these questions can be found in chapter 4 of the Weider & Guiterrez text Consider. This is actually an important point. Notice that each of the Questions of a worldview (Origin, Identity, Meaning, Morality and Destiny) have their own subquestions. For example, on p. 55 under The Question of Origin there are two subquestions; “How did life begin?” and “How did mankind come into existence?” These subquestions should be the focus of your discussion in each paragraph in this section. (Use the supplemental resource mentioned above to guide you to relevant Scripture for each question and subquestion).
- III. Part Three: How might/should a biblical worldview influence the way you [Refer specifically to how biblical worldview beliefs influence your answer] choose only two of these (100-150 words):
Only answer to TWO of the following. Choose the ones that mean the most to you at this point and explain how a biblical worldview might influence the answers.
- …think about, treat, and speak to others on a daily basis?
- …voting in local or national elections?
- …treat/interact with the environment and non-human creation?
- …decide a future career (what you will choose and/or how you will carry it out)?
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 3. – A late paper can lose 10 points for every full day that it is late, but after 7 full days may not be accepted at all.
The key here, and with all assignments, is that you commmnicate with me. As I have already said, I understand you are busy and I can be flexible with you, but you have to keep me informed about what is going on with your life and why you need to turn something in past the deadline. The main thing is for you to achieve your academic goals and complete this course successfully, and that is what I am here to help you do! I just do not want you to get far behind and feel overwhelmed with the work and quit the course. Communicate!!
USE PAGE THREE AS A TEMPLATE FOR WRITING YOUR PAPER AND BE SURE TO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE, WITHIN, AND AFTER IT.
Your Name (This should be the heading on all your written work)
Course and Section Number
Worldview Assignment (Center the Assignment title)
(Definition of worldview – See I above)
(Articulation of a biblical worldview – See II above) (Optional – write an introduction to the idea of a biblical worldview; what are its main sources and characteristics)?
Origin (Each of these categories should be treated with a separate paragraph properly titled. Each paragraph must minimally be supported by two biblical references. The entire paper must minimally be supported by two properly cited references to any of your assigned study materials).
(Application of a biblical worldview - Two pargraphs answering two questions of your choice from the four provided – See III above)
Clearly identify which question you are addressing. Specifically incorporate your worldview and how it inpacts your anser.
Reference List: (See Writing Rules 1)
ü Everything above is required in your paper except, of course, where is says “Optional’
ü Text enclosed in parentheses should not appear in your final work- delete this material
ü All written work must be in 12 font Times New Roman
ü You do not have to double space unless you prefer it
ü Do not forget your in-text citations and reference list (See Writing Rules 1 for details)
- This tutorial was purchased 5 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Feb 28, 2012 at 5:46:01PM
Worldview Assignment.doc (27K) (Preview)