$8.00 HIS 105 Week 1 DQ1
HIS 105 Week 1 DQ1
Discussion 1: “The Black Experience in Post Civil War America”
Reconstruction was a time of political upheaval, resentment between the North and the South, and government and social uncertainty about how to ensure freedom and equality for newly freed slaves. It could be easy to lose the perspective of America’s newest citizens at this time. It is likely that not all former slaves fared the same in the transition. Students will respond to the following:
- Describe some of the disadvantages that freed slaves had as they tried to blend into mainstream society.
- Explain factors that could cause some former slaves to succeed while others would have great difficulty the rest of their lives.
- Agree or disagree with the following statement and give your reasons: “During Reconstruction, a newly freed slave was better off staying in his or her former slave state (in the South) rather than moving to a former non-slave state (in the North).”
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Apr. 07, 2012 at 11:39:56AM