$5.00 Power point
Create a PowerPoint presentation to educate a group of medical students
participating in their grand rounds. There should be at least ten slides in your
PowerPoint as well as a title slide and a slide listing all your sources for
creating this slideshow. You should also create speaker notes for each slide of
your presentation, which include the main talking points for the topic addressed
in the slide.
In order to create your slideshow, review the two case studies and then
answer the following questions:
Case Study 1: Isaac is a 59-year-old man. Several months
ago, he noticed a slight tremor in his hands. He assumed this to be a normal
consequence of aging. The tremor, however, gradually worsened along with some
muscular stiffness and slowness in initiating movement. The tremor was more
pronounced when he was not voluntarily moving. Isaac was referred to a
neurologist diagnosed Parkinson's disease. After visiting the neurologist, Isaac
and his family ask you to further explain this disorder. Isaac also asks about
L-dopa as a treatment—the neurologist had mentioned L-dopa as an effective
medication but instead prescribed selegiline.
- What are the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease?
- What are the possible causes? Be sure to discuss both hereditary and
environmental factors thought to contribute to the cause of this disease.
- What parts of the brain does this disease affect?
- Why do you think the neurologist prescribed selegiline instead of L-dopa?
Case Study 2: Sabrina is a 27-year-old woman who recently
underwent a corpus callostomy. Initially after surgery, when given a verbal
command, Sabrina demonstrated marked apraxia of the left hand. However, the
extent of this issue diminished over time. Please answer the following questions
about this client:
- What disorder was most likely being treated by this operation, and how is
the surgery performed?
- In what way is the surgery expected to help Sabrina?
- Analyze the risks and benefits of the surgery, and compare these to the
risks and benefits of an alternative treatment. If the decision were yours,
which would you recommend? Explain your reasoning.
- What was the cause of the apraxia?
- What does the reduction in apraxia symptoms tell us about hemispheric
For this assignment you are
required to use
Scholarly sources are preferred and
Additional, non-scholarly sources from reputable
Web and print sources are also acceptable. For reputable Web sources, look for
.org, .net, or .edu sites as opposed to and do not use (.com sites). & Please do not use
Wikipedia, at all. There is an attachment resource guide for PPT
PowerPoint Presentations-Tips.ppt PSY.ppt (275K)
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Apr 27, 2012 at 12:07:25PM
Parkinson's disease and Epilepsy.pptx (156K)