$10.00 Western Civilization (Multiple choice and Fill in the blanks)
1. Which of the following established the principles of cuius regio, eius religio, which means "he who rules determines the religion of the land"? a. Treaty of Paris b. Diet of Augsburg c. Religious Peace of Augburg d. Peace of geneva
2. Radical groups in the reformation accounted for what percentage of the protestant population? a. 10% b. 2% c. 5% d. 8%
3. between the 16th and the 19th centuries, the number of Africian slaves shipped to the New World is estimated at : a. 1 million b. 2 million c. 5 million d. 11 million
4. During the lifetime of Prince henry the navigator, Portuguese silors: a. explored the west Africian coast b. first rounded the cape of Good Hope c. discovered the Spice Island d. discovered the island of madagascar
5. Which of the following BEST exemplifies Spanish expansion and exploration of the new world? a. the first circumnagivation of the globe by Amerigo Vespucci b. The conquest of the Aztec Empire by Cortes c. The conquest of the Incas by magellan d. Pizarro's rounding of South America in 1519.
6. When did the first English colonist land in American? a. 1492 b. 1585 c. 1607 d. 1620
7. What major European disease decimated mexico during the 16th century? a. Syphilis b. Yellow Fever c. Samll pox d. scurvy
8. All of the following are true of the printing press EXCEPT: a. it increased literacy b. it spread new religious ideas c. it promoted reading out load d. it allowed books to be prinited cheaply
9. Englands Queen Elizabeth could be described as a a. pious Catholic b. fervent Calvinist c. committed Lutheran d. moderate Protestant
10. the primary motives for European exploration during the Renaissance was: a. social to relieve the population pressure on Europe b. religious to spread the gospel c. psychological by the quest for new experience to transform a dull existence d. economic the desire for precious metals and new ares for all trade
11. the phrase new World was first used by _______.
12. the invention of _____ and _____ made books available to all people.
13. Encounters between the Old and new World that introduced ne wpeople, plants animals, disease and ideas were known as the _______.
14. This protestant law in England known as _______ was a collection that established the Church of England
15. ____and _____ were two styles of Protestantism
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:33:07AM
wester civilization.docx (13K) (Preview)
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:05:36PM
Western Civilization Answers I.docx (13K) (Preview)