$8.00 HIS105 Discussion 2
HIS105 Discussion 2: “
Guns and Butter”
Flexing America’s military might around the world is expensive, especially when a war seems to never end, as was the case in Vietnam. A conflict which had its roots in the Republican Eisenhower administration brought down a Democratic President Johnson two administrations later. A big difference between the two (2) was that Johnson also put forward the “Great Society” at the same time, starting new entitlement programs that match or exceed our war debt every year. Students will respond to the following:
- Explain what differentiates a “just and legitimate” in your opinion war from one that is “unjust and illegitimate.”
- Provide two (2) reasons either for or against a “war tax” that would pay for the cost of a current war as it is being conducted, rather than borrowing to pay for it.
- Agree or disagree with the following statement and justify your opinion: “It is not possible to maintain massive war and policing efforts around the globe while maintaining generous social programs at home without the threat of national insolvency.”
- This tutorial was purchased 4 times and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on May 19, 2012 at 6:54:49PM