$20.00 SOC315 WK2 ASSIGNMENT
Similarities and Differences between American and European Values
Different cultures have different values and reconciling these values is one of the most frustrating elements of foreign policy. Understanding and evaluating values is extremely important when it comes to influencing the conduct of a nationís affairs.† Even amongst cultures that share the majority of their values, such as the United States and the countries of Western Europe, there may be differences of opinion regarding the relative importance of particular values. In November, 2011, the Pew Research Center conducted a poll based on American and Western European values.
After reading†American Exceptionalism Subsides: The American-Western European Values Gap†(http://www.pewglobal.org/2011/11/17/the-american-western-european-values-gap/), appraise the values of Europe and the U.S. when it comes to the following components:
- the utilization of military
- whether they should be engaged with and provide assistance to other countries or be isolated from other countries
- their beliefs about being a superior culture
- political beliefs, individualism, or the role of the state
- the role of religion
- beliefs about homosexuality
- This tutorial was purchased 6 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on May 29, 2012 at 6:40:36PM
American vs Europe.docx (19K) (Preview)