A central theme of this course is the “end of isolation” which our textbook describes in relationship to technology, politics, military, culture, and society. At times, the ending of isolation has resulted of periods of tension and struggle. In this paper, you will select ONE of the following topics from the list below, and through the use of primary and secondary research, you will describe the historical context of each question and trace the significance of this issue over time from 1865 to the present. Assess the challenges involved in the ending of this isolation, as well as the key people involved in the struggles. Five academic resources must be referenced within the research paper, including two from the Ashford Online library, and one primary source, which should represent a significant aspect of your research through meaningful contribution to your analysis of the selected topic. .
Please select one of the following questions as the focus:
- How have African-Americans worked to end segregation, discrimination, and isolation to attain equality and civil rights?
- In what ways has technology ended the physical and intellectual isolation of Americans?
- How have wars and political ideologies resulted in the transition from an isolationist foreign policy in America to one in which the nation is now a global superpower?
- While women once had few life options beyond isolation in the domestic sphere, what historical developments presented new opportunities for women in society?
- In contrast to the ending of isolation, in what ways did Native Americans experience the transition from freedom to isolation? How have they struggled to overcome this isolation?
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 10:56:08PM
HIS-204-TheAfricanAmericanStruggle .docx (38K) (Preview)
his 204.zip (121K)
his 204/his 204 week 1 discussion 1 The Search for Order.docx
his 204/his 204 week 1 discussion 2 The American City.docx
his 204/his 204 week 2 discussion 1 Pivotal Decades.docx
his 204/his 204 week 2 discussion 2 Savage Peace.docx
his 204/his 204 week 3 discussion 1 Freedom from Fear.docx
his 204/his 204 week 3 discussion 2 World War II.docx
his 204/HIS 204 week 3 Reseacrh Paper Outline.doc
his 204/his 204 week 4 discussion 1 Grand Expectations.docx
his 204/his 204 week 4 discussion 2 Individual Influence.docx
his 204/his 204 week 5 discussion 1 Restless Giant.docx
his 204/his 204 week 5 discussion 2 21st Century America.docx
his 204/HIS 204 Week 5 Research Paper.doc