$20.00 Database and Information-Gathering
Benefits of a Database and Information-Gathering Techniques:
Imagine you are being interviewed by ACME Global Consulting services as a
potential new recruit to its growing cadre of world-class systems analysts and
requirements engineering group. Through a tip, you found out that they will be
asking several questions relating to planning for a new database for one (1) of
their national restaurant chains. Also, you found out that one of the executives
at the restaurant chain only believes in using Microsoft Excel for running
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
1. Describe the benefits of using a database management system and how it
supports the organization.
2. Propose how you would address the issues with
flat file systems, such as Excel and Text files, for storing data.
and describe three (3) tools, techniques, or methodologies for eliciting and
documenting requirements related to the development of a new database.
at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and
similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment,
the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The
cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
• Describe the role of databases and database management systems in managing
organizational data and information.
• Use technology and information
resources to research issues in database systems.
• Write clearly and
concisely about relational database management systems using proper writing
mechanics and technical style conventions.
- This tutorial was purchased 3 times and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Jun. 09, 2012 at 02:38:25AM
ACME Database.docx (18K) (Preview)