$18.00 SOC315 WK5
Thesis Statement: Generating a thesis statement is perhaps the most important part of the research paper process. It is essential for you to craft a strong, defendable thesis statement upon which you will base further research. Include your thesis statement within an introductory paragraph.
Annotated Bibliography: The purpose of the annotated bibliography is to assist you in developing research analysis skills including critical thinking, writing, and literature research skills. The annotated bibliography should include the following information for each source:
- Name of the article, including the complete bibliographic citation, using APA format.
- Summary/abstract of the article – annotation (sometimes it is helpful to ask yourself the following questions in synthesizing the information):
- Who? (author)
- What was done? (e.g., an experimental study investigating the interaction of short term memory and attention)
- How? (was it done)
- What were the findings? (identify the major ones)
- Contributions? (new findings, applications, etc.)
Review the complete instructions for the Final Research Paper in Week Five of your online course or in the “Components of Course Evaluation” section of this guide. To conduct accurate research for the annotated bibliography, consider the following:
- Research in peer-reviewed journals or other journals that are considered to have reliable information. Do not use sources from the secular press (e.g., Time, Newsweek, or Wikipedia). Review the guidelines for acceptable sources by reading the “Academic Research” section within the Student Responsibilities and Policies tab under Course Home on the left navigation toolbar in your online course.
- Identify at least five academic sources, at least three that can be found in the Ashford Online Library. If you do find something on the World Wide Web, it must be authored and be a reliable source.
- In these journals, the research and information is either reviewed by an editorial team (such as for the Academy of Management Review) or a group of peers
The paper must be four pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources
- This tutorial was purchased 2 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Jun. 08, 2012 at 06:16:14AM
SOC 315 W3 ANNOTATED B- SOF.doc (40K) (Preview)
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Jun. 08, 2012 at 06:26:27AM
SOC 315 W5 final P. SOF.doc (48K) (Preview)