$15.00 Sociology- need within 2 hours
1. The following questions are based on this hypothesis: "College admissions based on affirmative action have increased the number of minority students attending college."
1. Identify the independent and dependent variables.
2. What is the appropriate research method to test the hypothesis?
3. How would you carry out a research study to test your hypothesis?
2. You have been asked by the local school board to investigate why the high school dropout rate has been increasing over the past several years. Explain how the functionalist perspective would analyze and explain the high dropout rate (in other words, consider the contributing factors that the functionalist perspective would focus on in trying to explain the reasons for the increase in the number of students dropping out). Then discuss a solution that a functional theorist might propose to prevent or address the high dropout rate.
3. Schaefer discusses four major systems of social stratification. Discuss the defining characteristics of each major system and provide an example of each one.
4.Discuss the merits and drawbacks of advances in biotechnology, using specific examples to support your points.
- This tutorial was purchased 10 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Jun. 21, 2012 at 04:15:08AM