The Story of (Insert your
Read The Story of Timothy on page 91 in your text. Use it to help
you begin thinking about writing your own story of uniqueness in a diverse
In this 3-4 page assignment you will discuss the unique and diverse aspects
of yourself as they relate to:
- Gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, ability, class, and sexual
- Explain “who you are” and what your experiences have been as they relate to
the concept of diversity.
- Include any aspects reviewed in the first two weeks’ readings (Ch. 1,2,3,4,
6) that are relevant to YOU.
- Assess your development in relation to the identity theories discussed in the readings. Which model applies the most to you?
- Consider briefly any historical, social/family, financial/economic,
cultural, or political considerations that have specifically impacted you or
your family in your development and in your ability to meet your own needs.
- Summarize the impact of any programs or laws that help or hinder your
ability to have the life you would like to have.
- Explain how any of the diverse aspects of “who you are” have either been
helpful or hindered your ability to obtain health or human services.
- Illustrate your points with any personal examples that are relevant.
- Summarize with a focus on where you see the need to gain understanding and
insight for future work with diverse others
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on Jun. 28, 2012 at 04:10:49AM
Timothy Story.docx (17K) (Preview)