$4.00 Understanding Food LabelsFound in General-Questions: General-Academic-Questions
Chapter 1, # 0
Read the How to Understand Nutritional Food Label link located under the “Nutrition Facts Label Programs and Materials” section heading under “Consumers.”
Read the Eating Healthier and Feeling Better Using the Nutrition Facts Label page link located on your student page.
Watch “The Food Label and You” video. The link is located on your student page.
Complete your Understanding Food Labels assignment by providing a 350- to 700-word response in APA format to the Assignments tab. Include the following:
- Discuss and define what the 5/20 rule is according to the “Food Label and You” video and include an example from your own pantry.
- Discuss the six key food label facts presented in the “How to Understand Nutritional Food Label” article that can help consumers understand food labels more effectively.
- Examine the food labels for three items or nutrients you find in your own pantry or refrigerator. Name the product and build a list or a chart for the following components for each item:
- Total calories per serving
- Percentage of calories from fat
- Total amount of carbohydrates (in grams)
- Total amount of protein (in grams)
- Total amount of fiber (in grams)
- This tutorial was purchased 37 times and rated A+ by students like you.
- Posted on Jun 20, 2012 at 6:10:29PM
Understanding Food Labels.docx (14K) (Preview)