$5.00 For Prateek64
Explain what is wrong and why it is wrong:
1. You bought 10 lottery tickets. One of them won a prize. That means that the probability of winning a prize is 1/10.
2. In a lottery, buying more tickets does not affect your chances of winning a prize.
3. John has 3 suits, 10 shirts, and 12 neckties. He will need to buy some more clothes if he wants to come to work each work day in a different outfit for a whole year.
4. If in a probability distribution you get the sum of probabilities less than one, it just means that you have a smaller-than-normal distribution
5. From the perspective of the insurance company, health insurance policies are set up in such a way that a healthy person has a negative expected value, and a sickly person has a positive one.