$1.00 please help me and show work!!!
1. A sample size of 45 is used to test H: m ³ 75 vs. Ha: m < 75.
Given that = 72.9 and s = 4.3, answer the following questions
- What is the computed value of the test statistic?
- What distribution does the test statistic have when the null hypothesis is true?
- Is the alternative hypothesis one-tailed or two-tailed?
- What is the p-value?
2. Collect a set of hypothetical set of data on a variable of interest to you. Make sure that the data set contains at least 30 values. For this set of data:
a. State what the population would be
b. State null and alternative hypotheses for a hypothesized study
c. Describe how you selected your sample
d. Show the values of ALL data that you collected
e. Compute a test statistic for the hypotheses stated in b. above
(showing ALL calculations you used to get the test statistic)
f. State what the critical value(s) of the test statistic would be for the alpha level you have chosen
g. Describe the decision and the results of the hypothesis test.