To prepare for this assignment:
- Review The Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
- Identify at least one other helping profession that interests you. Go to its Web site, find and review its code of conduct/ethics. For example, you may find it interesting to consider how the social work or counseling codes of ethics compare to the APA's. Or, you may wish to consider medical ethics if you are interested in working with people who have chronic illnesses.
- Review the two codes and note similarities and differences between them.
The assignment (1–3 pages):
- Briefly describe the profession that you have selected to compare to psychology.
- Describe at least three similarities between the two codes and three differences.
- Explain what insights you had or conclusions you can draw based on your comparison.
- Explain any advantages you think one code may have over another, (e.g., which of the two you believe would be easiest to follow, most effective) and explain why.
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.
Ethics.docx (22K) (Preview)