$8.00 PSY104: Child and Adolescent Development Week 5 Discussion 1Found in Psychology: Developmental-Psychology
Chapter 1, # 0
Provide one statistic on the occurrence of each of the following:
• One of the four parenting types,
• Physical or emotional abuse,
• Mental or physical disabilities
• Biological differences in development, and
• Effects on development of social learning
Explain how these statistics relate to adolescent development. At least one statistical fact is to be about people in a country other than the United States.
Locate the statistical data from places other than the textbook and do not use .com, wiki, or blog information. Additionally, do not use psychology.com or ezinearticles.com. Be sure to provide the source for each of your facts.
The required and recommended articles/websites for the week are good starting-points for finding information.
For example, I might give the following information for social learning:
• Some have estimated that 40% of children or more are left alone at home (AACAP, 2010).
• By their senior year in high school, 63% of adolescents have had sexual intercourse (WebMD, 2011).
For mental and physical disabilities, I might give this information:
• One obsessive behavior that can start in adolescence is trichotilomania. About 1% of the people in America have signs of this disorder (AACAP, 2010).
Of course, I would also have to provide statistical information on parenting types, abuse, and biological differences.
Your initial response should be between 200-250 words.
In your responses to at least two peers, please provide an extension of the opinion expressed, a counter opinion, or another example from research applicable to the opinion expressed.
- This tutorial was purchased 2 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 6:30:05PM