$30.00 Employment laws and HRM Strategy
Assignment 3: Employment Laws and HRM Strategy
Due Week 6 and worth 150 points
Research the employment laws in your state by visiting†MD.gov Insert ďemployment lawsĒ into the Search area of the Website and review the different designations of employment laws that are listed. Select one (1) of the following HRM strategy problems and apply the employment laws of your state to this problem:
†††††† The need for seasonal employees who may be from another country
†††††† Benefits decreases for the entire employee population
†††††† Disciplinary action training for supervisors of diverse employees
†††††† Introduction of new technology for employees who may experience physical limitations
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the scenario that you have selected and its corresponding employment laws.
- Recommend a plan to manage the HRM situation within the confines of the law.
- Justify your approach to your scenario to HR management.
- State how a competitive advantage may be gained by ensuring HRM practices meet the necessary employment laws.
- Speculate what might happen if the situation was not handled in accordance with the appropriate employment laws.
10. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
You must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentís name, the professorís name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the role of human resource management (HRM) in organizations and how it supports the organizationís business strategy.
- Create a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Analyze laws governing employment and how organizations can ensure ethical practices.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic human resource development.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic human resource development using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills.
Click here to access the rubric for this assignment.
- This tutorial was purchased 3 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Aug. 08, 2012 at 10:12:48AM
Employment Laws and Ethics in HRM Strategy.docx (16K) (Preview)