$5.00 Linear Programming with Excel Solver: Wollmer Manufacturing
Vollmer manufacturing makes three components for sale to refrigeration companies. The components are processed on two machines: a shaper and a grinder. The times (in minutes) required on each machine are as follows:
1 6 4
2 4 5
3 4 2
The shaper is available for 120 hours, and the grinder is available for 110 hours. No more than 200 units of component3 can be sold, but up to 1000 units of each of the other components can be sold. In fact, the company already has orders for 600 units of component1 that must be satisfied. The profit contributions for components 1, 2 and 3 are $8, $6, and $9 respectively.
- Formulate and solve for recommended production qualities.
- What are the objective coefficient ranges for the three components? Interpret these ranges for company management.
- What are the right-hand-side ranges? Interpret these ranges for company management.
- If more time could be made available on the grinder, how much would it be worth?
- If more units of component 3 can be sold by reducing the sales price by $4, should the company reduce the price?
Solve using Excel Solver, consider shadow price instead of dual price. Show all the calculations/outputs in Excel!
- This tutorial was purchased 3 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Aug. 12, 2012 at 04:58:20AM
LPP in SOLVER!!!.xls (27K)