$1.00 YoungAmber - Grammer assignment 8
The following exercises are to be completed in one Word document which you will submit after completing the Study Session 2 Assignment. Please make sure you complete both portions of this lesson's assignment before submitting your work.
Study Session 1 Assignment
- Identify which of the five simple sentence patterns are reflected by each of the following sentences.
a. The angry sergeant disciplined his sloppy platoon.
b. In the last year the master artist succeeded quite often.
c. Most of the strikers were completely unreasonable.
d. The president has named Olivia the leader.
e. The professor showed Mark his amazing collection.
f. Last night’s party was a major disappointment.
g. At this rate we certainly will be very late.
h. Scott brought his elderly uncle a gold-handled cane.
i. We have long considered Tonya a genius.
j. The stranded tourists slept soundly in the large terminal.
k. That young man is quite a talented magician.
l. The victorious general had received high praise from the troops.
- For each of the following, compose a sentence that contains the items called for:
a. a sentence with the subject + verb sentence pattern
b. a sentence with the subject + verb + direct object sentence pattern
c. a sentence with the subject + verb + indirect object + direct object sentence pattern
d. a sentence with the subject + verb + direct object + object complement sentence pattern
e. a sentence with the subject + linking verb + predicate noun sentence pattern
f. a sentence with the subject + linking verb + predicate adjective sentence pattern
Study Session 2 Assignment
This portion of your assignment requires you to diagram sentences in Microsoft Word. To view a tutorial on drawing diagrams in Word®, please click on the link below:
Drawing Tutorial for Microsoft Word
Correctly diagram each of the following sentences:
- The colorful bird soared.
- The corporal and the general marched.
- We hiked and rested.
- Hannah and Bobby worked and saved.
- The instructor grades lessons quickly.
- The two travelers from Spain soon bought wool blankets.
- Both drivers offered Lucy a free ride.
- The man and his brother gave us excellent directions.
- The noble prince respectfully called his king a saint.
- The excited shoppers are very happy with their purchases.
- All of the students soon will be graduates of the institute.
- The weary travelers followed the trail to California, and they arrived after three months.
- Little Al will be very happy when he finds the missing piece.
- The wise employer will surely hire a person who will perform the very difficult task.
- What Brewster really wants for his birthday is an expensive car from Germany.