$15.00 Healthcare Law
MUST BE 100% ORIGINAL
One of the clerks in the risk management department has informed you that he received a subpoena requesting a patientÂ’s medical record. The clerk tells you that he is not sure what to do with the subpoena. As the supervisor, you know that it is important for the clerks to handle subpoenas appropriately. Therefore, you decide to hold a meeting with your clerks to discuss the appropriate procedures for subpoenas. During your meeting, you want to provide your clerks with a handout of the information you will be discussing. Create a handout to provide some information on the following topics that you want to discuss during your meeting:
- What is the difference between a subpoena and a court order?
- When, if ever, is a subpoena valid to obtain medical records?
- What should the appropriate procedures be for a risk management clerk upon receiving a subpoena?
- What are some potential consequences or effects of not following the proper procedures of releasing information requested in a subpoena? (Identify some effects related to the patient as well as the hospital.)
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 4:10:02PM