$18.00 HR Information System (HRIS)
Scenario: Castle’s Family Restaurant has eight restaurants in the northern California area with approximately 300-340 employees. Most of the employees are part-time with approximately 40% of them full-time. The operations manager, Jay Morgan, also acts as the HR manager and travels to each location each week to take care of scheduling, recruiting, hiring, and answering questions for the employees as needed. He also takes care of payroll using an Excel spreadsheet and has a computer application to print payroll checks. Mr. Morgan approaches you, an HR Consultant, for a proposal. Due to the increase in gasoline costs, he would like to greatly reduce his travel time for visiting each location each week and wonders if there is anything you can suggest to him to help him complete his HR tasks in a cost-effective manner. He hopes there is some way he can do part of his HR tasks from his office instead of traveling to each location.
Instructions: Provide a detailed description of an HRIS application(s) chosen for this business. What type of HRIS might create a more efficient process for the HR function chosen? This is not a copy/paste of information from a vendor website, but an analysis and business plan to share with your customer. As the owner of your own HR consulting firm, write a 2-4 page paper that includes the following paper headings, which are denoted in all caps.
- INTRODUCTION: Introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
- HRIS TYPE: now your next step is to choose a type of HRIS. Share the type of system you plan to implement to help your customer. This must be substantiated in this paper to your customer from a theoretical perspective.
- HRIS VENDOR CHOICE: Now that you have an HRIS type chosen, you need to conduct research to find an HRIS vendor. You want to do a compare and contrast in this section of at least two vendors. Then, choose a vendor. Explain why you chose this vendor over another/others. Include the Web address and proper citations for the vendor applications compared. You must have theory to support your decision.
- CONCLUSION: Conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
Please let me know if you can seriously help me. Thanks!
- This tutorial was purchased 3 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Oct 05, 2012 at 4:56:59PM
HRIS.doc (32K) (Preview)