$4.00 GEN 105 WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT: UNIVERSITY LIBRARY ARTICLE RESEARCHFound in General-Questions: General-Academic-Questions
Chapter 1, # 0
GEN 105 WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT: UNIVERSITY LIBRARY ARTICLE RESEARCH WITH INSTRUCTOR COMMENTS.
Assignment: University Library Article Search
· Review Appendix E to recognize article characteristics.
· Locate the University Library by logging on to your student Web site, selecting Library, and clicking University Library.
· Find two articles about a topic or combination of topics listed below. One article must be peer-reviewed, or reviewed by experts in the appropriate field.
o Distance learning
o Ensuring academic honesty
o Effective personal goal setting
o Time management skills for college students
· Choose the best database for your topic and use a different database, such as EBSCOhost® or Gale PowerSearch®, to find each article.
· Practice using the Boolean and wild card strategies you learned about in the tutorial.
· Provide the following information for each article:
o What keyword search did you use to find the article?
o What is the article’s title?
o Who is the author or authors?
o When was the article published?
o Was the article peer-reviewed?
o In what database did you find the article?
· Summarize each article in 2 to 3 sentences. If there are specific opinions or facts, document them.
· Post as a Microsoft Word document to your Individual Forum.
- This tutorial was purchased 2 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Oct. 27, 2009 at 10:45:14AM
GEN 105 WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT UNIVERSITY LIBARY ARTICLE SEARCH WITH INSTRUCTOR COMMENTS.docx (18K) (Preview)