$0.75 Statistics Question
. An insurance company states that 75% of its claims are settled within 5 weeks. A consumer group selected a random sample of 65 of the company’s claims and found 43 of the claims were settled within 5 weeks. Is there enough evidence to support the consumer group’s claim that fewer than 75% of the claims were settled within 5 weeks? Test using the traditional approach with alpha = 0.05.
· State the null and alternate hypotheses
· Calculate the sample proportion
· Determine which test statistic applies, and calculate it
· Determine the critical value(s).
· State your decision: Should the null hypothesis be rejected?
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Dec. 16, 2009 at 01:40:29AM
An insurance company 75.doc (26K) (Preview)