$0.75 Statistics Question
A teacher wishes to compare two different groups of students with respect to their mean time to complete a standardized test. The time required is determined for each group. The data summary is given below. Test the claim at alpha = 0.10, that there is no difference in variance. Give the critical region, test statistic value, and conclusion for the F test.
n1 = 40 s1 = 44
n2 = 60 s2 = 74
<!--filtered--> = 0.10
· State the null and alternate hypotheses
· Determine which test statistic applies, and calculate it
· Determine the critical region
· State your decision: Should the null hypothesis be rejected?
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Dec. 16, 2009 at 01:28:19AM
variances.doc (23K) (Preview)