$10.00 IT 242 WEEK 6 : CheckPoint, Toolwire Lab, and Assignment
1. CheckPoint: Static or Dynamic
· Consider the following scenario:
o As a network administrator for a company, you want to configure an IP route between two routers. Of static and dynamic routing, which is more appropriate?
· Explain your answer in 200 to 300 words.
2. Exercise: Toolwire Lab
· Complete the following Toolwire Labs:
o Starting a Switch
o Starting a Router
· Log in to your student Web page. Click Week Three, then click the link to the Toolwire Lab. A new window opens containing a description of the lab. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Lab Access link to begin the lab.
· Complete the lab assignment as indicated.
· E-mail the configuration files to your own email address and then copy and paste it to your Individual Forum. You may also email the configuration to your own email address and then forward the email to your instructor. To do this, click the Lab tab in the upper right–hand corner of the screen, and then click E-mail Configuration. Enter your e-mail address and click Submit.
3. Assignment: Router and Switch Configuration
· Describe how to configure a switch and router in a 350– to 750–word paper in APA format. Be sure to include the following:
· Basics of installing, setting up, and configuring a switch
· User interface console and the purpose of each menu item
· Configuring VLANs and spanning tree protocol
· Basics of installing, setting up, and configuring a router
· The different comment modes of a router
· At least four routing protocols and the purpose of using these protocols
· Post your paper as a Microsoft® Word attachment.
- This tutorial was purchased 10 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Feb 08, 2010 at 6:12:36PM
- This tutorial was purchased 1 time and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on May. 04, 2011 at 12:01:36AM
- This tutorial was purchased 2 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on May. 04, 2011 at 12:04:50AM
- This tutorial has appended information.
- This tutorial hasn't been purchased yet.
- Posted on May. 06, 2013 at 01:15:25AM