$35.00 Counter arguments to Protectionist policies
Despite the accepted benefits of comparative advantage,. international trade has been impeded by various governments around the world through the implementation of protectionist policies such as;
- The infant industry argument
- Changing comparative advantage and the inflexibility of workers
- To prevent damaging and other unfair trade practices
- To improve a country’s terms of trade by exploiting its market power
- To protect declining industries
You are required to: provide counter- arguments to the protectionist policies listed above..
Note: your essay must concentrate on discussing the counter- arguments to the protection policies, not the protection policies themselves.
Word count - 2000 to 2500 words.