$10.00 FOR AUSSIEINMISS ONLY
FOR AUSSIEINMISS ONLY
In this Application, you will study the messages two different popular culture texts send to predominantly female and predominantly male audiences. You might expect them to differ dramatically—but you may also be surprised at the similarities.
- Review this week's Learning Resources. In particular, look at either print copies (preferred) or the Web sites for Cosmopolitan and Maxim magazines. You do not have to buy the magazines; it should be sufficient to flip through them at a newsstand.
- Establish how the editors for each publication chose the articles, imagery, and advertising in order to reach their target audience.
- Reflect on what these messages overtly or subtly communicate about each gender.
- Examine how the messages may reinforce or challenge existing stereotypes and how these messages have affected your personal identity. Do they reinforce, inspire, or challenge your personal identity?
Compose a 1- to 2-page paper in which you do the following:
- Compare the messages these magazines communicate to men and women.
- Examine the effects of media messages about gender roles on your personal identity.
- Support your assertions by making at least 2 references, in proper APA format, to your course readings
week 2 app 2