$2.50 opening paragraph essay
you selected your topic and you developed a thesis statement for your essay.
Your opening paragraph is crucial because it will usually contain your thesis statement. It will include other information that will get your reader’s interest and guide your reader through the paper. Use your opening paragraph to list other things that you will talk about in detail throughout the paper.
To get the reader’s interest, you can include the following in the introductory paragraph:
- An interesting story or anecdote
- A controversial question
- A startling fact or statistic
- A quotation
- A little-known fact, myth, or misconception
- Questions arising from your thesis that you want to answer
- A list of points you will cover in the essay
Write the introductory paragraph for your essay. Be sure to include the following in your paragraph:
- Present the thesis statement
- Provide any necessary background information
- Of course, it must be grammatically correct