Ethics Issue PresentationL CORRECTIONS-Week 3 LT Assingment
- · Create a 5- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes.
- · Present your Ethics Issue Presentation on one of the following four topics assigned in Week One by your instructor:
o Correction ethics: Correctional officers are often referred to as the other inmates, because as the officers are in the facility working, they may begin to feel like they are inmates just like the convicts. Research the role, duties, and subculture of correctional officers, and summarize the following:
- · In the Stanford Prison Experiment, what ethical violations were committed by the guards? To what do you attribute these violations: the personality of the guards, the mandates of the situation, the lack of training, or some other factor? How might these violations be deterred or prevented in an actual correctional facility?
- · In the Stanford Prison Experiment, what prevented the good guards from objecting or countermanding the orders from the tough or bad guards? How might you use this information to encourage and reward whistle blowing by actual correctional officers?
- · What are some examples of correctional officer misconduct? Do the ends justify the means in the examples provided?
- · Correctional facilities operate in relative secrecy and as a society unto themselves, because of the isolated location of the complex and the restrictions imposed on visitors. Moreover, if inmates complain, they are often not believed or they are ignored. What safeguards might be employed to reduce or eliminate unethical activity within the walls of the correctional facility?
- This tutorial was purchased 7 times and rated No Rating by students like you.
- Posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 8:56:42PM
Correction Ethics.ppt (209K)