1. Schedule Your Week – At the outset of every week determine your schedule. Classes and work days should be set but others things such as studying are not. Build a routine and be consistent with it.
2. Study Effectively – Find the best environment where you can most effectively study. Everybody learns differently and that environment can be unique, such as at the beach or standard, such as at the library. If you have kids most likely your home is not the place to study.
3. Talk to Your Employer – Communicating up front and throughout the process is key to successfully balancing work and school. Communicate your schedule including class times and upcoming finals in advance.
4. See the Light at the End of the Tunnel – Balancing work and school can be daunting and at times overwhelming. Recognize that all this effort will pay off with a more balanced life, an education for life andnew career opportunities.
5. Have Fun! – It’s important to manage the stress of work and school. Put aside time to give your self a break, let loose and have some fun. This will make the work and school part that much easier. xD